Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pooka accident update: Looking good for coming home

I haven't talked to the vets yet today, but as of yesterday afternoon, she was putting some weight on the newly repaired leg and even ate some food. Both are very good signs.

I also finally felt strong enough to open the envelope containing all the records related to her stay at the emergency clinic. It was hard to go through it, but the notes from the vet were reassuring. The biggest surprise was a note from the Good Samaritan who brought my dear Pooka in. She has a name and a phone number, and I can't wait to call her and thank her for saving my darling. Apparently she ran across Aurora from east to west. I might be wrong, but I think she had headed for Greenlake, one of our favorite walks, and then was trying to get back. Makes me absolutely sick to think about, actually, so I shall sign off and get moving. Lots to do today before I'm ready for her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad she is home! --jenny

Anonymous said...

Pooka knows how much you love her.
I think of you both each day.
Does she have a favorite blankie?