Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday morning update

I called the animal hospital when I woke this morning. The nurse sounded very upbeat, said Pooka's breathing was good over night, so concerns about what's going on in her chest are starting to subside. She's in good enough shape that they plan to offer her some food this afternoon, which I take to be a good sign. I don't know much about animal recovery from massive trauma, but I'm sure about to learn.

When I had the on-call vet paged last night, was pleased to get the very supportive Dr. M, who I know pulls no punches -- he was the one who told me that if Pook's toe didn't heal after the Toenail Incident, he'd consider amputating. He spoke well of the surgery clinic she'll be admitted to tomorrow, so as long as her internal stuff stays stable, I feel confident she's in good hands.

I'm doing somewhat better today -- not much energy left for crying. I'll try to keep busy and get the house in shape, so I can focus on Pooks when she comes home later this week.

Please send love and good healing energy her way.

No comments: