Friday, November 16, 2007

Crate hater

Pooka did an excellent job of not spazzing out pre-walk this morning...and very calmly chilled in her bed while I got ready for work. I'm not sure whether her stress level is down because mine is, or vice versa, but I think we're both feeling a bit more stable.

Yesterday I tried filling a Kong with delicious venison and giving it to her in the crate. She took a few swipes and seemed to like it, but when I put her in the crate with it, she just sat down and gave me the bummed-out stare. I thought she'd resume licking when she realized I wasn't coming back in the door...but no. When I came home and let her out, she did what I'm coming to learn is the out-of-my-crate dance -- dash out, jump up on me a few times, shake shake shake all her parts, paw at her head, lie down, repeat -- and then grabbed the Kong and began licking. Um, hello? Why are we waiting for me to watch before we lick the Kong?

I left her with another one today, we'll see what happens. We've got our first vet appointment at noon, for which I have prepared a nice little baggy of poo.

No comments: